Avital Beauty Lounge Careers
We are looking for hair stylists with a true passion for what they do, have a great sense of team spirit and are looking to deliver the best experience to our clients with every gesture.
Avital Beauty Lounge is a top rated beauty salon with true passion for the beauty industry. We believe progress never stops and we work hard to improve ourselves professionally and personally everyday. Avital Beauty Lounge provides continuous education to all our employees and we strive to make each other the best we can be. We believe that Your success is our success.
Full time employees will get the following benefits:
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Paid Vacation
- Training and education
- Discounts on services and products
- If our team environment sounds like a good fit, we’d love to meet you.
- A true passion and talent for hair
- Understands every client interaction must reflect well on themselves and the business
- Extremely high standards of conduct, cleanliness, and appearance
- Excellent time management skills
- Welcome customers and identify their preferences by asking pointed questions
- Recommend hairstyles and haircuts according to customers’ face shapes and tastes
- Wash, rinse and dry clients’ hair using appropriate shampoos and conditioners (e.g. for oily hair or dry scalp)
- Cut, trim and shave hair using professional equipment
- Apply a wide range of hair coloring techniques, like highlights, ombre and balayage
- Create hairstyles for formal events and everyday looks, including braids, ponytails and buns
- Apply hair treatment products, as needed (e.g. color protection creams and hydrating masks)
- Form bonds with loyal customers and remember their hairstyle preferences
- Manage bookings and serve walk-ins
- Ensure tidiness of beauty stations and sterilize tools, as needed
- Cross-sell hair care products or services, when appropriate
- Work experience as a Hair Stylist, Hairdresser, Colorist or similar role
- Proficiency in hair straightening and curling methods, using hot irons and curlers
- Hands-on experience with various coloring techniques
- Knowledge of a wide range of haircuts, suitable for all hair lengths (e.g. braids and top knots)
- Familiarity with hair treatment products and services, like keratin smoothing
- Up-to-date with industry trends
- Excellent communication skills
- Physical stamina to stand for long hours
- Flexibility to work in shifts
- Valid license from a cosmetology school
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $13.00 per hour
COVID-19 considerations: ABSOLUTELY! We have generous spacing between stations, have upgraded the air filtration of the salon, client travel screenings, temperature checks, hand sanitization and strict mask wearing. No exceptions!
We care about the health and safety of our employees and customers and adhere to the protocols and guidelines laid out by the CA Board of Barbering and Cosmetology. We take these guidelines very seriously and are constantly updating our protocols as science dictates with an emphasis on the day-to-day application. Your safety is our priority.
Learn more about us here: https://www.yelp.com/biz/avital-beauty-lounge-walnut-creek
Please submit your resume to be considered for an interview.
We look forward to meeting you!